Our Adventure: Baguio 2015



Recently my travel buddies and I are thinking about going to Baguio. We haven't settled which month yet but, I was hoping we could visit in December. For me, Baguio is my second home, my family and I used to go here often when I was a kid. Honestly, I'd love to experience living here, see what it has to offer.


In this post, I will just share with you what happened during our trip. I'll be writing a separate post about the things you should know or a related post about it.

Philip and I went to Baguio last 2015. We wanted to experience the Panagbenga festival (the Flower Festival). It was our first time to experience it. So, I was really excited!
Panagbenga is an annual flower festival celebrated every February which takes place in Baguio City, Philippines. The term “Panagbenga” comes from a Kankanaey term meaning “season of blooming”. 
We were supposed to leave Manila on the evening of 14th. When we arrived at the terminal, we were surprised how packed it was. Unfortunately, we weren't able to proceed with the first plan because we didn't buy our tickets beforehand. LESSON LEARNED. The next trip was at 10 in the morning, so instead of waiting at the terminal, we headed home. 

The view from our room.
We arrived at 3 in the afternoon. When we got our bags, we hurriedly went to our hotel. We also didn't book beforehand, imagine how nervous we were on the way there. Haha! Don't worry! The room was still available. After checking in, we decided to rest for awhile before we head on to Burnham Park. 


When we got to Burnham Park, we didn't like what we saw, people... people everywhere. Of course, we understood it was a Sunday. I just got paranoid because I knew there's a higher chance of experiencing unfortunate events and, we couldn't afford that to happen. So, I told Philip that we'd just have dinner at SM. 




The next day, we decided to go to Ben Cab Museum. We weren't supposed to visit this anymore because it was raining and most of the taxi drivers we talked didn't know how to go here. Luckily, we found a taxi driver who was up for the adventure (he doesn't have any idea where BenCab Museum is but, he wants to know). 




Philip doing his thing. Haha


These were the main reason why I wanted to go to Baguio! Flowers and succulents! 

On our last day, the sun decided to show up. So, we decided to go to the Botanical Garden and Mine's View. I got surprised when we got there because the place looks really different than what it used to look like. Awww. 


Before we head back to the hotel, we went to Starbucks at Camp John Hay, as I was craving for coffee. Haha


That was a long post~! Haha! If you have read everything, thank you! ^___^ I'm very much excited to visit Baguio again! 

1 comment